BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ENTRY AND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE SHARED WITH THE CONTEST SPONSOR (HOPPER). SPONSOR’S USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO THE SPONSOR’S PRIVACY POLICIES AT THE LINKS PROVIDED BELOW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of Canada and fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories, possessions and overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of November 18, 2020. The following individuals are not eligible: All employees and contractors of Hopper, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or their affiliates, sales representatives, licensees, judges, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies or agents (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling (or “step” of each) and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules.”
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12:00 am EST November 18, 2020 and ends at 11:59 pm EST December 1, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Prizes, in the form of Hopper Credit, will be awarded on December 1, 2020 and/or December 2, 2020 to all users who complete an entry during the Sweepstakes Period.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: You may enter the Sweepstakes by downloading the Hopper application, tapping the “Watch to activate mystery credit” button, and searching for and watching a flight (each, an “Entry”) to any destination within four Contest Regions: Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, and Rest of World (any destination outside of Caribbean, Mexico, and Hawaii). Each watch is equivalent to a single Entry, and there is no limit to the number of Entries per user. Each User who completes at least one Entry for a destination in any Contest Region will receive a Prize for that Contest Region, and will be eligible to receive the Grand Prize for that Contest Region. Users who complete Entries for destinations in multiple Contest Regions will receive a Prize for each Contest Region and will be eligible for the Grand Prize in each Contest Region. Only one Prize will be awarded per User in each Contest Region. Multiple entries in any Contest Region will not increase your chances of winning a Grand Prize or increase the amount of your Prize in any Contest Region. Odds of winning depend on the number of users who complete entries in each Contest Region.
4. PRIZES and GRAND PRIZES: Sponsor will grant a Grand Prize of five hundred (US$500) in Hopper Carrot Cash credit value, subject to the terms of Section 5 below, for each of the following Contest Regions to a randomly selected user who has completed at least one Entry to any destination within such Contest Region: Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii. Selection of Grand Prize recipients in each Contest Region shall be determined in Hopper’s sole discretion. Sponsor will grant a Grand Prize of fifty (US$50) dollars in Hopper Carrot Cash credit value, subject to the terms of Section 5 below, for the Rest of World Contest Region to a randomly selected user who has completed at least one Entry to any destination within such Contest Region. Selection of the Grand Prize recipient in the Rest of World Contest Region shall be determined in Hopper’s sole discretion. Sponsor will grant to all users who completed at least one Entry to any destination within each Contest Region a Prize for such Contest Region in an amount of Hopper Carrot Cash credit value as determined in Hopper’s sole discretion, but no less that one (US$1) dollar.
5. PRIZE and GRAND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Carrot Cash credit value granted in connection with any Prize or Grand Prize will be subject to the Carrot Cash terms and conditions set forth in Hopper’s Terms of Service, Section 8, located at https://www.hopper.com/legal/terms-of-service. Carrot Cash credit will be available for use for seven (7) days (“Prize Period”) from the date when the Prize or Grand Prize is awarded and appears in the user’s wallet, and will be available for application toward one flight purchase to any destination within the Contest Region for which the Prize or Grand Prize was awarded. Any Carrot Cash credit from any prize or Grand prize unused in connection with a flight purchase or otherwise unused during the Prize period will be forfeited. As set forth in Hopper’s Terms of Service, Carrot Cash credit has no cash value and is not transferable.
6. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant grants to the Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant's name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, "Licensed Rights") in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any Prize Winner.
7. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects, and to conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner upon entering the Sweepstakes; (2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind; (3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Sweepstakes; (5) any warranty of fitness or merchantability of any prize or the function or operation thereof, which shall be the sole responsibility of the manufacturer of the prize; or (6) any act or omission at any event included as part of any prize. Sponsor does not make any, and hereby disclaim any and all, representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any prize, which is awarded “as is”. Participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules in any way or at any time. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules, their enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation, or the Sweepstakes, shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Boston, Massachusetts, before a single arbitrator in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Venue with respect to any such disputes not subject to arbitration and for entering judgment of any arbitration award shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of Massachusetts.
8. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable.
10. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Hopper, Attn: Travel Deal Tuesday Contest, 265 Franklin St, Suite 1702, Boston, MA 02110. Requests for winners' lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
11. SPONSOR: Hopper, Inc., 265 Franklin St, Suite 1702, Boston, MA 02110. Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or any airline.